Thursday, November 3, 2011

Use NANOWRIMO as a Challenge to Work on your Blogs



Did you know that November is national novel writing month (NaNoWriMo)?  I didn’t know there was such a thing until a few months ago. The goal of NaNoWriMo is to write a novel during the busy month of November. I am participating but since I did not really have a novel in mind I am instead just focusing on writing the 1667 words per day that it will take to get to the required 50,000.  Since I am not writing a work of fiction I am considered a nano rebel. Maybe next year I will work on a novel and not be so rebellious.  This year, however, I am working on my experiences with walking the camino de Santiago from the Summer of 2000 and I am working on updating my blogs.  It is now day 3 and i should be up to 5001 words but I am a little behind.  I am at 2500 which leaves me with just 2500 more to be on target for reaching 50,000 by the end of the month.  How did I get so far behind already?  Oh yeah, I have 3 kids, one of whom happens to be a 5 month old.

So how can bloggers use NaNo to make money? Use it as a challenge like I’m doing.  Remember the more quality material that you have for your blog the more visitors you’ll get.  The more visitors you get the better chance you’ll have to make some money with your blog.  I am now making an average of $40 per month on my blogs.  It is not enough to pay the mortgage but maybe it is enough to keep me motivated to keep working.  It is exciting for me to know that what I wrote over a year ago continues to work on my behalf.  

Are you up for the challenge of writing 50,000 words in one month for your blog or blogs?  It is an average of 1667 words per day. Let me know in the comment section if you decide to do this too and I’ll cheer you on!  

This poor blog has been neglected for a while and its page rank is at 17,932,469.  Let's see if at the end of this month I can bring it up a little ways.

The page rank for my Spanish teaching blog is: 1,478,086.
The page rank for my home school blog is: 1,392,931

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments!!